Cherry pie trem troubleshooting advise..

Started by Wisherish, February 10, 2021, 07:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisherish

Hi! First post here, I know it's rude to immediately show up and start asking for help... sry.
I just finished my cherry pie trem build, a drolo twin peaks clone.(Elect. Druid v3) I'm hopping for a little trouble shooting help if anyone is familiar with this circuit. I've built a few pedals in the past, but this is by far the most complex...
1. What should the internal trim pots to be set to. I can't seem to get a setting where the « brown face » and « black face » both function, either one or the other will « tick »
2. The treble harmonic function doesn't seem to do any effect other than cut out the high frequency. (No trem, regardless of depth.
3. My tone control (depending on tremolo mode) will totally kill all signal when to the far left or right.  (Depending on chosen trem mode.)
As mentioned before, I've built a few pedals before, but I'm in over my head on this one..
Thanks!

Ben N

Just checking in to say, welcome! Unfortunately I can't help you with your inquiry, but I hope someone else can. That's quite a project! Drolo used to hang here a bit way back when he first developed the Twin Peaks, but I don't recall seeing him here in some time. But the good news is that Tom Wiltshire, the Electric Druid, is a regular, and real gentleman, very generous with his help. Good luck!
  • SUPPORTER

Wisherish

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm quite new to the whole pedal building "hobby" (addiction) and am still learning the ropes about circuits and components. I've started with some clones, which are super fun "LEGO" builds, but haven't yet grasped exactly WHAT I'm building, if that makes sense...
cheers!

Ben N

Quote from: Wisherish on February 11, 2021, 11:53:02 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm quite new to the whole pedal building "hobby" (addiction) and am still learning the ropes about circuits and components. I've started with some clones, which are super fun "LEGO" builds, but haven't yet grasped exactly WHAT I'm building, if that makes sense...
cheers!
Have you looked at the "origin" thread, where Dave Rolo introduced the circuit? It might make enlightening reading. https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=103714.0
  • SUPPORTER

Wisherish

Oh! That's great! Thx, I'll give that a read. Cheers!