First time designing a PCB

Started by OiMcCoy, February 14, 2021, 11:20:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KarenColumbo

Even if it weren't your first attempt it'd be very neat! Well done!
(And get yourself a NAS or put those electnronics files on a Google drive and work on them online. Says someone who lost EVERY Cubase arrangement file he ever did to a HD crash some years ago.)
  • SUPPORTER
I see something of myself in everyone / Just at this moment of the world / As snow gathers like bolts of lace / Waltzing on a ballroom girl" - Joni Mitchell - "Hejira"

OiMcCoy

Quote from: Fancy Lime on February 19, 2021, 12:08:55 AM
OiMcCoy, where did you find the 3D rendering?  Is that a plug-in? I can only render the board but not the components.

Cheers,
Andy
It just under VIEW > 3D viewer

No extra plug in. Maybe your version is out of date?

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: Fancy Lime on February 19, 2021, 12:08:55 AM
OiMcCoy, where did you find the 3D rendering?  Is that a plug-in? I can only render the board but not the components.

Cheers,
Andy

There's a graphic option in the 3D viewer. You'll have to toggle the items you would like to see (TH, SMD, paste and so on).
Also - some parts don't have the models set automatically. So you'll have to change the 3D properties through PCB new (right click the part, properties and the 3D tab).

By the way - great first layout! Only needed minor cleaning.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Fancy Lime

Turns out, the 3D component library called packages3d is not bundled with the other libraries under Debian Linux, and I did not have it installed. This is probably so because the 3D library is quite big and not really essential. Anyway, installed it, now it works.

Thanks,
Andy
My dry, sweaty foot had become the source of one of the most disturbing cases of chemical-based crime within my home country.

A cider a day keeps the lobster away, bucko!

rockola

Quote from: KarenColumbo on February 19, 2021, 12:27:13 PM
And get yourself a NAS or put those electnronics files on a Google drive and work on them online.

I put mine on Github... See eg. https://github.com/rockola/superduro

OiMcCoy

It took a lot of effort, and I am not exactly pleased with the layout... but I got the Big Muff laid out.

I am going to get this one printed and build it for myself. It's one of my all time favorite pedals and I no longer own one.