Trying to build a two looper with master bypass and reverse order switch

Started by edgyswingsetacid, February 15, 2021, 07:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edgyswingsetacid

So I've found a million wiring diagrams for two loopers with master bypass and I've found wiring diagrams for using a 4PDT to reverse the order of effects but everything surrounding that is specifically for two effects and not making sense to me trying to integrate it into an effects loop pedal. These are the two diagrams I'm trying to combine if anyone could help me in any way i[/img]t would be enormously appreciated.

nocentelli

It's pretty tricky to draw a dual looper diagram and keep it readable. This might help:

The switches will also need LED indicators, here shown on a different image for clarity:

You will want two different colour LEDs for the 4PDT to show which loop comes first in order, or you can get a "bicolor" or "tricolor" LEDs that will use one LED and change their colour depending on which is powered. My most recent version of this has a green LED to indicate loop A is active, red LED for loop B, and a red/green bicolor LED for the juggler switch.

Please note that if you use a bi/tricolor LED, you'll need to be aware of whether it has common anode or common cathode and possibly alter the wiring of the right-hand pole of the 4PDT to either switch +9v or ground to supply the LED appropriately. 

Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again

edgyswingsetacid

Thank you very much! This is super helpful. If I wanted to just use one LED to indicate that they're in opposite order I would just use the one attached to the bottom right lug, correct?

nocentelli

Yes, and you'll also need a current limiting resistor, which I've just noticed I omitted from the 4pdt diagram
Quote from: kayceesqueeze on the back and never open it up again