Looking for PT2399 simple guide

Started by percyhornickel, March 01, 2021, 02:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

percyhornickel

Hi everyone, I´m trying to find a simple guide to start to study the PT2399 so I´d could tweek a delay that I´m planning to build once the chips get home next month. Maybe the rebote 2.5 is the best for me until now.

There is a echo base delay topic in the forum but I am no familiar with the IC so I think is better for me starting from cero.

I have any knowledge about PT2399 so I am needing some help in here.

My builds and mods are: a couple of Rats, some TS808s, Pulsar, Rangemaster, Distorion Plus, Ge/Si Fuzz Faces until now..   ...I have simulated all of them first in spice to make they work properly and all of them works perfect (aeching pcb´s with vinager and H2O2).

Thank you.
P.H.

Ripthorn

Exact science is not an exact science - Nikola Tesla in The Prestige
https://scientificguitarist.wixsite.com/home

percyhornickel

Quote from: Ripthorn on March 01, 2021, 02:19:24 PM
The best one out there: https://www.electrosmash.com/pt2399-analysis

Thank you, I have seem this page before and it´s very deep. I´m tryng to understand the way it works in the rebote delay..   ..not too clear so far but I will keep reading all I can.
P.H.

anotherjim

Most pedals using the chip are based on the Echo circuit example shown in section 4 of the Electrosmash document (it's from the chip makers datasheet).

We might add an input buffer and an output mixer/buffer or an LFO to wobble the delay time, but that all there is.

percyhornickel

Quote from: anotherjim on March 02, 2021, 08:30:05 AM
Most pedals using the chip are based on the Echo circuit example shown in section 4 of the Electrosmash document (it's from the chip makers datasheet).

We might add an input buffer and an output mixer/buffer or an LFO to wobble the delay time, but that all there is.

Ok thank you, I´m taking notes about it. When the chips gets home I´ll be breadboarding and making some tests before put it on a pcb.

It is a little confuse about how the lfo works but I guess the best way is to test and changing some values according what I read.

Saludos
P.H.