News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

RAT project

Started by rangermaster, March 02, 2021, 10:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GGBB

Try using shielded wire for the input connections.
  • SUPPORTER

rangermaster

Ok i replaced the 100pf with a 470pf... still there....doesn't change a bit

I removed c3 and c4 (30 and 100pf cap) and the noise was still there..

antonis

If so, it's more wiring/shielding interference than "inherent" circuit issue..

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

rangermaster

Ok i'll replace the wiring today with some thicker sheath wire and will solder them on the volume pot out and C1 cap instead of next to each other on the pcb.

Maybe this will help.

Widows

I know this is a zombie thread by now but...
There's a 1nF to ground (C2 on Musikding schem).
Leave your ceramic caps alone and increase C2 to 10nf. That should kill the squealing.

I spoke with someone at Musikding a while ago about the extra R10 to ground before the vol pot and they said it affects the volume. I can't recall which option made it louder though, keeping or removing it.
Gibson SG > Dunlop Cry Baby > Sovtek Big Muff Pi (black) > Digitech Harmony Man > Matamp GT1 > Matamp 4x12 w/Celestion K100s

GGBB

Quote from: Widows on December 17, 2021, 08:03:30 PM
I spoke with someone at Musikding a while ago about the extra R10 to ground before the vol pot and they said it affects the volume. I can't recall which option made it louder though, keeping or removing it.

It does not affect overall volume, but it does affect the taper of the volume pot. so the comparative volumes at mid-way up will be different, but 10 is always 10 and zero is always zero whether the 10k is in or out. See explanation about what it is actually for earlier in this topic: https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=126585.msg1211126#msg1211126.
  • SUPPORTER