Lovetone ????'s

Started by Mike Nichting, October 18, 2003, 03:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Nichting

OK, how does the big cheese compare to a normal fuzz face tone wise??? I am not much of a fuzz guy unless it has that certain tone so would the big cheese be worth building??
Second: the meatball. Is this a worthwhile build or is there something else that would be better??

thanks
Mike
"It's not pollution thats hurting the earth, it's the impurities in the water and air that are doing it".
Quoted from a Vice President Al Gore speech

PB Wilson

The Big Cheese was my first diy project. I used R.G. Keen's Great Cheddar pcb from General Guitar Gadgets. It's a high gain and "hi-fi" sounding fuzz. I'm still playing with the internal trim pot so your mileage may vary. Compared to my Fuzz Face clone, it is brighter, a bit more flexible and less warm at lower settings. Some of the settings are definitely in the Noise Rock vein and some sounds are similar to a Fuzz Factory with less chaos. I like it for certain textures but don't use it as much as some of my other pedals.

PB Wilson

Not to hijack this thread, but I'm also interested in Lovetone's Brown Sound. I know the schematic is around, but since I'm kinda new to the diy game, I was wondering if anyone has built it, made a pcb or has a perfboard layout that they can share.