Would it be possible to make a mega EHX 9 series pedal?

Started by Ant music, March 05, 2021, 07:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ant music

I'm wondering if it would be possible to create a pedal that combines a bunch of (or at least more than one of) the 9 series pedals in one chassis and be able to do a preset recall function so you could call up a preset memory from any of the pedal modes?

For example: you have 10 user memory slots and any mode from any of the various pedals could be saved to any of those 10 slots and you can choose your favourite modes for those memory slots?

I have a Digitech XP1000/all modded pedal and I'm wondering if you could have something similar where you have all or some of the different series of a pedal line in one chassis? Even if it's a larger sized chassis. Just an idea.

Ant music

Quote from: CodyMason on March 15, 2021, 10:03:55 AM
Buy Electro-Harmonix (EHX) Attack Decay. I must say right away that what the pedal does (reverse the signal) it does very well. Especially worth canceling is the poly-mode and built-in fuzz that the EHX love to add to their pedals. These are super cool features.

Ummmmm.... Thanks for the input but what you've said doesn't at all refer to anything I was talking about.

vigilante397

While the attack decay is a cool pedal, it is analog (BBD-powered), it can be DIY-built so why buy it (Madbean has PCBs), and has nothing to do with the post.

As for your question, it's been a couple years since I played with a 9-Series pedal (I owned a B9 for about 2 weeks), they use a mechanical rotary switch for patch selection, right? I'd imagine it's a simple address selector where each position responds to an address. I'd imagine it would be fairly trivial to remove the rotary switch and connect the wires to a microcontroller to generate the high/low signals corresponding to each address.

I guess another step is if you're having multiple units in one enclosure and recalling a setting from one you'll need to bypass the ones that don't correspond to your preset. Still not terribly complicated, but you're essentially talking about making a programmable looper and digital address generator. Handful of relays and a microcontroller with a decent number of I/O and you would be set.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

bluebunny

Quote from: Ant music on March 15, 2021, 10:36:35 AM
Ummmmm.... Thanks for the input but what you've said doesn't at all refer to anything I was talking about.

It's just some tw@t with spam in his .sig - reported to Aron to expunge the idiot responsible...  :icon_rolleyes:
  • SUPPORTER
Ohm's Law - much like Coles Law, but with less cabbage...

Digital Larry

Quote from: bluebunny on March 16, 2021, 05:13:55 AM
It's just some tw@t with spam in his .sig - reported to Aron to expunge the idiot responsible...  :icon_rolleyes:
What I don't get is how the last edit in his post is from you.

It's a secret.  Don't tell anyone!   ;D
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer

potul

Quote from: CodyMason on March 15, 2021, 10:03:55 AM
I'm an idiot posting stupid spam links in my .sig - please don't click on it.

;D ;D ;D  I love that