relays for prepamp ktg-1

Started by carlozsulca, March 10, 2021, 01:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carlozsulca

I recently made a thread asking about how to change tubes from 12ax7 to 6n2p, well now I have another question regarding the relays that this preamp uses, especially in the double relay (K1) and my question is if I can use the typical ones Relays that are a maximum of 30vDC 10A, since the voltages are very high but the current is very low.
-Attachment photo of where the double relay (K1) is located and the complete schematic

-complete schematic : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1m2UbXzVONQU1hMeGU1bTBvclE/view?usp=sharing

iainpunk

i'd go for higher rated relays, the signal's amplitude can be quite large in tube circuits, so the switching relays should have plenty 'overhead' rating. if you expect to switch in a circuit with 155v on the rails, make sure that the relay can atleast withstand 200v,
not 30v...

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

PRR

10 Amp relays switching micro-Amp signals will have trouble from oxide/tarnish.

In your other thread you say you have trouble getting parts in your area. If the 10A relays are readily available, go ahead and use them, but expect to replace them every year or so.
  • SUPPORTER