3PDT Footswitch PCB Question

Started by RRJackson, November 15, 2015, 08:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.G.

Sigh.

Ohmmeters, folks, ohmmeters. They're the general solution to what connects to what when.
R.G.

In response to the questions in the forum - PCB Layout for Musical Effects is available from The Book Patch. Search "PCB Layout" and it ought to appear.

Trancedental

Apologies to PRR I missed your earlier pictures link.  :o

I've tried a few of these 3PDT PCB's they do simplify wiring for idiots like me, I like the rullywow ones with multiple on board LED & voltage options.  However there's many different approaches & designs available.

Anyway ohm it out is the way to find what goes where, including which rows / holes are internally connected to each other on the PCB. These differ from each other on the switch PCB's that I've used.

plexi12000

Quote from: R.G. on November 16, 2015, 03:44:06 PM
I know! Let's make a PCB to connect wires to the PCB that connects to the 3PDT switch!!  :icon_lol:

Simple but brilliant!!

Seriously folks, I do not get why a pcb to connect wires to a 3PDT is any better than soldering wires to the switch - especially if you then have to figure out what wire does what on the switch. Sure, if the PCB connected all that mess up without having to figure out what wire was what, and removed the issue of confusing the terminals entirely, but ... really?? Why?

LOL---  Now that was funny!  i'm not goofin  on anyone...just made me laugh

pacevedo82

Hello, I bought the same 3PDT but, I do not understand where I should solder the cables.
I read the post but, I still don't understand the position.
I'm new to all this DIY stuff

pacevedo82

Hello, I bought the same 3PDT but, I do not understand where I should solder the cables.
I read the post but, I still don't understand the position.
I'm new to all this DIY stuff

Phend

Time to get out the DDM and check continuity should help to know which wires are connected to which wires, (is that a good witch or bad witch). Unless you have done this ? (as mth5044 suggests)
  • SUPPORTER+
Humm

garcho

Here's what every stomp switch needs:

FROM GUITAR
TO PCB
FROM PCB
TO AMP

Most also have:

GROUND
LED -

Draw a diagram, follow the input signal, once for "on", and again for "off". Go from FROM GUITAR through each point to TO AMP. Then look at your stomp switch PCB and follow the trace connections from stomp switch lug to PCB eyelet. Draw the results on your diagram. Then double check on your DMM with a connectivity test. Then next time you use these you'll have that diagram.
  • SUPPORTER
"...and weird on top!"

iainpunk

welcome to the forum!

this might help, you can leave out the LED if you want to skip that.

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers