Aion Klon Refractor Schematic question

Started by tomer629, March 24, 2021, 03:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomer629

I dont have a 390n capacitor for C6. I can wire a 220n and 150n in parallel to get 370n. Close enough? Will this affect the sound of the pedal at all?

See attached schematic:

Thanks!

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

tomer629

Thanks!

Would you mind elaborating a bit? Trying to learn more about how these circuits work. I see its attached to the gain control so I had thought maybe it might have some affect on tone.

antonis

It's complicated a bit 'cause there are two feedforward networks in parallel with op-amp gain stage..

Focusing on GAIN B pot, C6+R9 are set in parallel with it (and R8) and dominate equivalent resistance value at resonance frequency where 1/2π*f*C = R    (C6 capacitive reactance equals R9 resistance) - at about 408Hz

Considering negligible items values tolerance (not true.. :icon_wink:), 370nF set resonance frequency at about 430Hz, hence it "offsets" it about 5%..
(no big deal if you take into account almost equal real world caps values tolerance..)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..