Help with cascading an IC

Started by eightsevenzero, May 12, 2021, 02:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eightsevenzero

I have a circuit I've been playing with and while the gain is adequate, I was thinking of adding a more fuzz-type sound to it on a separate footswitch. I have subbed to IC for a dual op-amp chip and was wondering how I might wire this into the second op-amp to produce either op-amp clipping or diode clipping fuzz? I've tried a few times to properly run it into the second side but I don't know enough of the math that goes into it to properly set up the second op-amp apparently. If anyone can help me better understand the fundamentals on that it would be very much appreciated!

antonis

P.S.
No comment about your items values.. 8)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

eightsevenzero

Please, help me learn, I appreciate any and all critique. Building pedals without someone to teach me has been incredibly difficult due to the fact I'm primarily a visual learner. YouTube has been a great help but I don't have the benefit of someone in person to show me what I'm doing wrong and help teach me more!

antonis

OK.. But you realize it's not simple..

1. 22nF and 100k bias resistor form a High Pass Filter of 72Hz cut-off frequency..
2. 100k bias resistor sets stage input impedance..
3. 10k series resistor isn't essential..
4. 1k + 22μF form a HPF of 7.2Hz cut-off frequency..
    100R + 1μF form a HPF of 1.6kHz cut-off frequency..
5. 100k Gain pot + 680pF form a Low Pass Filter of 2.2kHz (Gain max) till infinity (Gain min -unity for non-inverting stage).

6. Second amp stage exhibits a gain of 11 (1 + 100k/10k) and a HPF of 160Hz cut off frequency..
7. 10μF cap blocks DC from output..
8. Omited value :icon_redface: resistor after 10μF cap should be 1k (or so) and serves as current limiting item..
    (without it, op-amp output should be almost shorted to GND via diode pair..)
9. 22k Volume pot upper lug - wiper resistance + current limiting resistor set effect output impedance..
    (well, not precisely but close enough..)
10. 2nd amp is directly biased from 1st one's output..
     (DC gain is rolled-off to unity due to 22μF and 1μF caps..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..