Made a good deal today. Crybaby Wah and T.C. Nova Delay

Started by cab42, April 13, 2021, 05:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cab42

Today I found a defect Crybaby Wah for a little more than 10€ in the Danish equivalent to EBay.

It sounded like a broken switch.

When I picked it up, I told the seller  that I built pedals in my spare time, and he asked me about a broken TC. Nova Delay he had. He had it lying for years as he had bought a new one as having it repaired was too expensive. It sounded like some power issue. I could just take it for free along with the Wah.

When I came home I examined the Wah, and the issue was that the felt Patch that presses the Button was worn out, and did not Press the button far enough so that it would switch.

I also looked at the Delay and found a thread here by PinkJimiphoton, where he fixed a problem on a Nova Delay by taking the memory chip out of the socket and put it back in. And Voila, I had a working Delay. The biggest  problem was that I dropped a screw on the floor and couldn't find it.

• SUPPORTER
"Rick, your work is almost disgusting, it's so beautiful.  Meaning: it's so darned pretty that when I look at my own stuff, it makes me want to puke my guts out."
Ripthorn

CodeMonk

Got one of those many years ago.
I also did a mod for the presets since I thought it was a bit of a pain stock.
https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=95548.0

iainpunk

QuoteThe biggest  problem was that I dropped a screw on the floor and couldn't find it.
i feel you man, little screws and guitar picks have this amazing teleportation capability when dropped on the floor.

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

Ben N

Quote from: iainpunk on April 13, 2021, 06:29:22 PM
QuoteThe biggest  problem was that I dropped a screw on the floor and couldn't find it.
i feel you man, little screws and guitar picks have this amazing teleportation capability when dropped on the floor.

cheers
Big magnets for little screws.
  • SUPPORTER

CodeMonk

Quote from: iainpunk on April 13, 2021, 06:29:22 PM

cheers
Man, I lost about 20 picks when I lived in a motorhome for about a year.