A/B double loop..will this work?

Started by SlickRick, April 19, 2021, 02:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlickRick

Hello, I'm new here and this is my first try at building my own for my specific needs. The desired chain is guitar>tuner>wah>a/b>OD+OD>a/b>delay>amp. The 2 a/b's represent the pedal I'm looking at building, but I'm wanting it in one box one switch. The reason is I'm trying to run 2 different overdrive sounds into a single delay, one at a time so I also have 2 other od's that would be the other loop into the delay. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iainpunk

i think its the same as this:

another thing is that you only need to ground the SEND jacks, not the RETURN.
if you ground both, you'll end up with ground loops, which boost hum, hiss and noise problems.

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

BJM

General Guitar Gadgets has some schematics on their website, I think you're looking for something like this:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_sw_loop2_sc.pdf

Also with the grounded input as Iain wrote.  This schematic uses a 4PDT switch so it can also turn two leds on or off.

SlickRick

I appreciate the helpful replies, I guess I didn't notice that on their site but did come across their site in my scour of the web trying to find something. I know I could just use 2 a/b's the second in reverse, but I'm running low on pedalboard space and that'd take all the fun out of it :icon_biggrin:. It also led me here, and it feels like a good place to be.

BJM

6 jacks and a switch should easily fit in 1590B or 125B enclosure  :)

duck_arse

a new member? welcome to the forum!
don't make me draw another line.

SlickRick

Thanks for the welcome, looks like there's alot of good information on here as well as interesting topics. I almost went with the 1590B, looking at the Hammond site I think 1590G2 is what I'm going to try, it looks like it will be very tight but possible. I'm also going to add the LEDs as suggested.

BJM

That box should work, certainly with slim line jacks like these: https://www.musikding.de/Slim-jacks. With these jacks you can fit up to 6 jacks on the long side of the box.