By pass and buffer pop sound

Started by DeusM, April 22, 2021, 04:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeusM

Hey guys. Sorry to bother again. This is my last attempt at making this thing work.
What  made is a bypass switch with a dual buffer, so it can be used as an input and output buffer and also as a bypass switch. The problem is that it makes a pop sound.
With the help of iainpunk I made it work, so the pop is not so strong, but there is still some pop. I tried making the circuit without the buffer and the pop is not too strong.
I'm sure many of you will tell me something about the LED, but it's not the problem. I tried the circuit without that section and nothing changes.
Any suggestion?

It's not the amps that kills you. It's the "mojo"

idy

Move R80 from the tip of the jack to the "outside" of C81...same as the other input, R1 and C1. That "pulldown resistor" serves the capacitor it is (should be) attached to to prevent it from having a charge and *popping.*

Wait, aren't you confusing signal and bias? R83 is bias, should not connect at all to C5 and output jack 1, but connect to UIB + input, directly "inside" the 10k R82.

The way you have it may not bias the opamp correctly but will certainly inject DC into Output 1.

R3 is the same error. Wrong side of the resistor. Could be more errors, IDK.

antonis

Are you sure C5 negative leg is shorted to Vref..??

edit: idy is faster .. :icon_redface:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

DeusM

1) Yeah. RB3 and C5 should NOT be connected. That node is not supposed to be there. Ia a mistake in the schematic but I didn't make that connection.

2) I tried a pull down next to CB1 and nothing changed.

3) I was testing and I don't know why now I notice that my pedals do some pop too at the same level that he switch. Maybe something was connected wrong. IDK. Maybe I didn't noticed it before. Guess I was over complaining. Should work fine I guess.

Thanks guys!
It's not the amps that kills you. It's the "mojo"