Treble Booster wah/honk sound

Started by rangermaster, May 03, 2021, 12:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rangermaster

Ok thnx for the help and fast replies!

I'll guess it's just the 'sound' of a correct rangemaster with the correct transistir values  :icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol:

rangermaster

Ok well i got it fixed. After hours of searching it seems to be the dpdt toggle switch. I replaced it and the problem was solved. I think it had a bad internal contact  :icon_rolleyes:

Only thing is that i got a crackle(almost not noticable) somewhere when the booster is engaged. Replaced wires and checked grounds but all ok.

GibsonGM

Cool. Could it be the pot?  Sometimes the get that way, and sometimes 'use' can clean them up and make them stop. Other times, you have to use cleaner and if it's really bad, replace the thing.  Just something to think about, not necc. what is crackling.
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...

rangermaster

Quote from: GibsonGM on May 04, 2021, 08:23:40 AM
Cool. Could it be the pot?  Sometimes the get that way, and sometimes 'use' can clean them up and make them stop. Other times, you have to use cleaner and if it's really bad, replace the thing.  Just something to think about, not necc. what is crackling.

There is no pot lol

GibsonGM

Right, what you said in the first post, that was yesterday :)   Maybe it's the imaginary pot :)    Bad connection or something like that then.
  • SUPPORTER
MXR Dist +, TS9/808, Easyvibe, Big Muff Pi, Blues Breaker, Guv'nor.  MOSFace, MOS Boost,  BJT boosts - LPB-2, buffers, Phuncgnosis, FF, Orange Sunshine & others, Bazz Fuss, Tonemender, Little Gem, Orange Squeezer, Ruby Tuby, filters, octaves, trems...