Click Output from Arduino

Started by Baran Ismen, March 06, 2024, 03:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baran Ismen

I've found this beautiful project that includes everything for a small gig player like me in terms of BPM counting. It also has a click output via Piezo.

I wonder now if it is possible to use a 3.5mm output instead of piezo so that I can use some in-ear's to hear the BPM on the live stage. If not, would a basic booster circuit help to increase the sound to a headphone level?

https://wokwi.com/projects/336996114868732498

ElectricDruid

It should be as simple as replacing the piezo with an output cap and a jack socket.

From the code, it looks like it's using a timer to create a tone, so the output is going to be a 5V square wave.

Baran Ismen

Quote from: ElectricDruid on March 06, 2024, 04:50:16 AMIt should be as simple as replacing the piezo with an output cap and a jack socket.

From the code, it looks like it's using a timer to create a tone, so the output is going to be a 5V square wave.

Hey Tom,

Yes, its a simple timer with display and everything, apart from tap tempo.

I didnt know that arduino produces a soundwave that is hearable, though it uses a pwm output. Ill give it a try indeed! Thanks!

polarspot

Quote from: Baran Ismen on March 06, 2024, 03:39:56 AMI've found this beautiful project that includes everything for a small gig player like me in terms of BPM counting. It also has a click output via Piezo.

I wonder now if it is possible to use a 3.5mm output instead of piezo so that I can use some in-ear's to hear the BPM on the live stage. If not, would a basic booster circuit help to increase the sound to a headphone level?

<spam removed>
Switching from a piezo to a 3.5mm output for in-ear monitoring is feasible. There are various amplifier circuits available that could help with this