Sourcing MN3207 and MN3102 in the UK

Started by audiobalm, May 24, 2021, 10:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

audiobalm

Hi folks.

I'm building a chorus pedal which calls for an MN3207 and an MN3102. (It actually calls for a V3207 but they're interchangeable apparently).

There are loads on eBay and Amazon in the UK but can anyone vouch for some legit ones that will do the job? I imagine there are tons that get stamped with that label and don't work at all.

If anyone has used these chips and can point to a reliable seller that'd be great.

Thanks
Dp

Kevin Mitchell

Those two chips are the least likely to be faked as they're the most commonly available devices as far as modern BBDs go.
Sadly I can't point you to any verified places to purchase in the UK. On amazon or ebay, you'd be rolling the dice. I'd go ebay and be sure you read the seller's customer feedback to be confident in your purchases.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

ElectricDruid

Tricky...

Jed's Peds usually have them, but I see they're out of stock.

bushidov

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

ElectricDruid

Quote from: bushidov on May 24, 2021, 04:18:14 PM
Man, that chip shortage is everywhere. LOL

It is. Coolaudio are quoting an eight month lead time on the V3207, and that's when you *can* get them to answer an email.

cabintech

FYI, we got a limited supply of Coolaudio V3207 chips in stock today. Sorry, still no V3102 clock drivers yet.
https://cabintechglobal.com/semi

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: cabintech on August 02, 2021, 11:17:15 AM
FYI, we got a limited supply of Coolaudio V3207 chips in stock today. Sorry, still no V3102 clock drivers yet.
https://cabintechglobal.com/semi
You guys over at Cabintech rock!

That's all  ;D
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

cabintech

PS, we are now stocking both the MN3207 and MN3102. The Coolaudio (V3207, V3102) are not likely to be available again any time soon.

Mark Hammer

Not to cast aspersions on anyone, but Panasonic stopped production on their MN3xxx chips before many members here were born.  The "V" prefix clearly identifies Coolaudio chips, like the "BL" prefix identifies Beiling chips.  If you are carrying "MN" chips, have you located a stash of NOS Panasonic chips (which is possible, if increasingly less likely) or is somebody currently producing them?  I see Xvive is producing some MN30xx chips, but none of the MN32xx that I know of.  Like I say, not trying to badmouth anyone.  Just trying to clarify what is coming from who.  Many details pass me by, and this may be one of them.