Faux Delay agressive highpass filter

Started by askwho69, June 20, 2021, 03:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

askwho69

Hello guys happy fathers day to all fathers.

I built this delay and add clean boost in one box as my solo delay, when i engaged it, it alters my sound much, i think its the highpass filter or other filters to aim for analog-y sound. My question is how can i mod it to sound clean and un-altered sound? I kindly like digital delay sound. If its too much components to alter, anyone knows a pt2339 delay design that has clean tone? Clean meaning un altered tone. Thanks
"To live is to die"

anotherjim

That is dark filtering. All of those 12k resistors with 10nF capacitor low-pass filter networks are aiming for a 1.3Khz roll-off.
Replacing 10nF with 2.2nF will raise treble to 6Khz to suit the guitar. That's C9, C11, C18 & C19.

askwho69

If i change those 10n's the tone will be transparent to my guitar tone? Thanks for the response man, gonna try that
"To live is to die"

anotherjim

Guitar (and many other string instruments) produce very little over 5Khz and guitar speakers don't reproduce much over that either.
If you reduced the capacitors to 1nF you will get up to around 12kHz which would allow use with most other instruments.

askwho69

Cool these knowledge you have is amazing thanks
"To live is to die"