P1 = 0.0
P2 = 0.0
P3 = 2.9
P4 = 0.0
P5 = 3.2/3.3
P6 = 0.0
P7 = 1.4
P8 = 9.0

The pin 3 and pin 5 voltages look wrong. The second pair of phase shift stages are the same as the first pair based around IC2, so we'd expect to see the same voltages, e.g. pins 3 and 5 both at 4.2V (compare with your previous IC2 readings). But for some reason this socket isn't giving those readings.

You should have a careful look around that chip and the associated components and see if you can spot anything; wrong values, wrong component, component wrong way around, bad joint, short between tracks, bit of muck, etc etc.

HTH

snow123

i think i should note that i already used all of the 47nf caps and all of the tl072s before..

snow123

snow123

And I just swapped out some of the 47nf's with new ones.
Here's the wiring and stuff:

snow123

now the pedal does add a bit more gain, and when i flip the switch to the down postition, it adds a bit more treble

snow123

so im thinking the op amps are the issue

snow123

Quote from: snow123 on June 08, 2021, 09:11:43 PM
so im thinking the op amps are the issue

and the soldering to a degree

snow123

it basically seems like the circuit is doing everything except the phaser thing

snow123

and i just tried it with 4558s (since i dont have any other tl072s that dont have any solder on them or anything) and nothings changed.

andy-h-h

Quote from: snow123 on June 08, 2021, 09:20:01 PM
it basically seems like the circuit is doing everything except the phaser thing

Time to get out your probe  ;D  try pin 1 and 7 (amplifier outs) on the opamps, bearing in mind that one is a LFO and will not carry audio signal. 

Read the Phase 90 analysis on electro smash.   Ignore the maths....    Just try and get an idea of what is happening and where.  This might help your fault finding. 

snow123

on q1-q3s drain, its just sorta a glitchy version of my dry signal, and on the source and gate of q1, 2, and 3, its just a high pitched feedback noise, and on all legs of q4 its just high pitched feedback.

snow123

Quote from: snow123 on June 09, 2021, 12:20:47 AM
on q1-q3s drain, its just sorta a glitchy version of my dry signal, and on the source and gate of q1, 2, and 3, its just a high pitched feedback noise, and on all legs of q4 its just high pitched feedback.

well its a high pitched feedback when im not playing

snow123

(top) ic1:

P1 = weird feedback when not playing, weird low volume and glitchy dry sig when playing.
P7 = sorta a very weak tremolo effect

(middle) ic2:

P1 = same as ic1 p1
P7 = just a very weak dry signal

(bottom) ic3:

P1 = also a very weak dry sig
P7 = quiet, rapid popping effect

andy-h-h

The IC at the bottom - left hand side is the input buffer.   The right hand side is the LFO. 

You should be getting a nice clean signal off pin 1, as that's the output from the buffer.   If you aren't, the rest of the circuit has no chance of working. 

It's basically two signal paths combining at the transistor q5.  One is the clean signal from the buffer, the other is phased - which is also fed from the buffer before the phasing happens.     

antonis

Quote from: snow123 on June 08, 2021, 09:30:15 PM
(since i dont have any other tl072s that dont have any solder on them or anything)

You use sockets, don't you..??
(how comes solder on ICs..??)
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

snow123

Quote from: antonis on June 09, 2021, 05:19:08 AM
Quote from: snow123 on June 08, 2021, 09:30:15 PM
(since i dont have any other tl072s that dont have any solder on them or anything)

You use sockets, don't you..??
(how comes solder on ICs..??)

i previously used those ICs before without sockets.

antonis

Quote from: snow123 on June 09, 2021, 01:55:55 PM
i previously used those ICs before without sockets.

Some wealthy guys claim that unsoldered semiconductors are NOT reusable.. :icon_wink:
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

snow123

How does everything here look tho?

snow123

this is what i mean by ic 1, 2, and 3 btw.

snow123

Quote from: andy-h-h on June 09, 2021, 02:52:33 AM
The IC at the bottom - left hand side is the input buffer.   The right hand side is the LFO. 

You should be getting a nice clean signal off pin 1, as that's the output from the buffer.   If you aren't, the rest of the circuit has no chance of working. 

It's basically two signal paths combining at the transistor q5.  One is the clean signal from the buffer, the other is phased - which is also fed from the buffer before the phasing happens.   

do you mean like pin 1 for all of the ics? and do you mean that like all of ic3 is the input buffer or just p1-p4? the way you phrased it is kinda confusing for me.