Help me with Idiot Wah

Started by moreforest, July 29, 2021, 11:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moreforest

Hi everyone. I tried to create an Idiot Wah for the first time, but the sound is a little overdriven when I am actively playing the guitar. I tried to regulate the resistors in feedback, but I didn't get a good result. I have not seen on the forums that someone had the same problem. Mpsa13 transistors,

Help who knows

soggybag

Have you tried adding a pot in series with the 22uf cap on the emitter? This would create a gain control.

moreforest

Quote from: soggybag on July 29, 2021, 11:55:20 AM
Have you tried adding a pot in series with the 22uf cap on the emitter? This would create a gain control.

Sure. Values above 22u do nothing, and decreasing capacitance leads to more dirt.  :icon_frown:
I think that the point is in the bias of the transistor. It would be very cool if someone could give the voltage values on the EBC of the transistor  ::)

soggybag

I meant replace the 10k resistor with a 10k pot. Move the 22uf cap between the wiper and ground. Pins 1 and 3 of the pot should go from emitter and ground.

moreforest

Quote from: soggybag on July 29, 2021, 02:09:59 PM
I meant replace the 10k resistor with a 10k pot. Move the 22uf cap between the wiper and ground. Pins 1 and 3 of the pot should go from emitter and ground.

in one position of the potentiometer 10K - the "wow" effect is there but with overload. in other positions of the potentiometer, the "wow" effect disappears and the LDR does not react to light. (((

I think to find others LDR

antonis

Quote from: moreforest on July 29, 2021, 04:20:34 PM
the LDR does not react to light.

Hi & Welcome..

Could you plz point out that LDR..??
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

ElectricDruid

moreforest

Quote from: antonis on July 29, 2021, 04:49:45 PM

Hi & Welcome..

Light resistance at 10 lux: 8-20 kΩ
Dark Resistance at 0 Lux: 1.0 MΩ

deadastronaut

^ is the LDR in place of the pot??? (remove pot) then add the LDR.

e.g one leg connected to between the caps in the 'T' filter

and the other leg to ground?

while im here, the morley wah is a good clean wah for LDR use, it was designed for that.  :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

duck_arse

Quote from: moreforest on July 30, 2021, 07:51:14 AM
Quote from: antonis on July 29, 2021, 04:49:45 PM

Hi & Welcome..

Light resistance at 10 lux: 8-20 kΩ
Dark Resistance at 0 Lux: 1.0 MΩ

touché!
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..