Fairfield Circuitry Four Eyes Schematic

Started by strungout, July 29, 2021, 06:38:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strungout

As the tittle says, I'm looking for a Schematic. A friend wants one, but I can't find the schematic online. Anyone here can help me out?

Thanks.
"Displaying my ignorance for the whole world to teach".

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

Mark Hammer

Guillaume will probably be at the Festival Sonore in Montreal in late April and early May.  You can ask him yourself.

strungout

Thanks Mark! Sorry, I totally forgot about my asking. I see the festival was been post-poned to next year. I'll see if I can manage to go.

As you've maybe seen, I suggested a QuadraFuzz to my friend and I got busy on that!

"Taste can be acquired, like knowledge. What you find bitter, or can't understand, now, you might appreciate later. If you keep trying".

Mark Hammer

An excellent project!  Note that you may end up having to adjust the gain for each clipping section.  Anderton used the same gain for each section, which likely resulted in more clipping for the lower bands than for the higher ones.  I respect his judgment, but I think that was a mistake on his part.

strungout

It was a fun project. I ended up sub-ing the 100k feedback resistors for pots. That way my friend can figure out how much and where he needs it. I found the sound harsh though, once built, so I switched to silicon diodes.