How to get the copper fill to show in Eagle PCB?

Started by soggybag, September 12, 2021, 11:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soggybag

I have a board I've designed in Eagle PCB. I've created a polygon named it GND. When I first did this the copper pour filled in. I've made some adjustments since and the pour has gone away but clicking ratsnest doesn't bring it back?

Jarno

It should, what kind of adjustments did you make? Did you by accident remove one of the sides of the polygon?

niektb

Ratsnets ís normally the button to bring it back :)
Unless you turned that setting off in the settings menu

bushidov

Are there no longer any vias or pads on there called "GND" when you made your adjustments? If there isn't, it won't fill out on the screen (at least on version 7.X and back)
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

soggybag

It works fine if ripup; then route everything. But if close and reopen the document the ground plane doesn't show?

temol

Quote from: soggybag on September 13, 2021, 11:34:07 PM
It works fine if ripup; then route everything. But if close and reopen the document the ground plane doesn't show?

Ripup or ratsnet?

If you reopen the document you shoud see  dashed outline of the GND fill. To see solid GND fill you have to use ratsnet.

soggybag

I get that but for me what happens is I see the dashed out line of the polygon and clicking ratsnest doesn't do anything. The fill was there previously.

If I ripup and then route, then do a ratsnest the fill comes back.

Jarno

Are all layers on (well the ones that matter, but do you see the fills if you turn them all on)?

GGBB

• SUPPORTER

soggybag

deadastronaut

re-draw the 'GND' polygon.

unless you accidentally turned the polygon off in the 'layers' view option...?
https://www.youtube.com/user/100roberthenry
https://deadastronaut.wixsite.com/effects

chasm reverb/tremshifter/faze filter/abductor II delay/timestream reverb/dreamtime delay/skinwalker hi gain dist/black triangle OD/ nano drums/space patrol fuzz//

niektb

Are you sure you got the naming right of your Ground Polygon (and is it exáctly the same are your ground signal)?