News:

SMF for DIYStompboxes.com!

Main Menu

Echo dream 2

Started by Carlinb17, September 15, 2021, 06:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlinb17

Hello, I was asked to trouble shoot a pedal... and now I need some guidance. It's a echo dream 2 based on a dba pedal. I get no fuzz whatsoever from the pedal. It just brings up the volume. Delay works so I imagine that the 2399 chip is good. In looking into the pedal it seems wrought with issues on the few boards I could find. I didn't find any definitive schematic and this one doesn't use a charge pump. I suspect it's the xr2206 chip, some of the boards said it runs at 18v but whoever built this put in 16v electrolytic capacitors so I cannot try it with 18. With 12 it doesn't seem to change anything. I did t know if anyone had any experience or ideas.

Thanks

moid

Not sure if it helps, but I have a schematic for that pedal... I don't recall where I got it from though. It's very hi res, so I hope it scales up when you click on it. I've never built this circuit so can't offer any advice on how to fix it.

Mushrooms in Shampoo -  Amidst the Ox Eyes - our new album!

https://mushroomsinshampoo.bandcamp.com/album/amidst-the-ox-eyes

Carlinb17

thanks for the schematic, I will try to go though the pcb according to it and see.

rx5

it could be that the op-amp is dead. on my (unfinished) build, in using TL072. check around the fuzz section. maybe there is short somewhere. or maybe a dead fuzz pot also.

BE d Bezt, Urz D Rezt... RoCk ON!!!