Small Bear - Message To The Community

Started by smallbearelec, September 22, 2021, 01:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrisxr650

I wish you all the best in your retirement Steve.

bushidov

Best of wishes to you Steve and to your well earned retirement. I learned a lot about Germanium transistors from ya!
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Ben N

Wow, that sure does change the landscape, but I'm happy as heck for you, Steve. Count me in as hoping for a sale rather than a winding-down of the business.
  • SUPPORTER

amptramp

Happy to hear you have made it to retirement!

Now, will somebody please BUY HIS SHOP?  Because if it happens, it will probably be someone who has already posted on this thread.

Kevin Mitchell

Steve & Company,
I cannot thank you enough for not only the quality service given over the years, but also the vigilant efforts to seamlessly accommodate every single order and inquiry I have placed. I have not once been dissatisfied by your services. The fact is, you didn't owe that level of attention to anyone but you do it anyways. You've opened the gateway to the new & experienced and came through with every single instance I've had with you & your company. Not to mention your involvement with the community here as I continue to gain from your past posts. Your business & kind hearted attitude was and will always be an inspiration to me personally. While I'm quite sad to see the news, it's totally understandable. I feel like I'm losing an internet buddy but gained enormous endearment from the quality of your character.

Now I know I need to find a place for all of these SmallBear stickers lol.

With sincere gratitude;
-Kevin
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

Steben

I wish you a fulfilling retirement, in which you may recieve the gift of luxurious time.
We all know very well the milestones of your work, although I never ordered anything living in Europe.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

EBK

The most awesome thing about ordering from Smallbear is trustworthiness.  I can't think of anyone else I would be willing to buy rare parts from.  There are already a lot of items out of stock.  I just placed an order for some of the things I could think of that I won't be able to buy later.  It's like the end of a magical era--no more unicorn tears.
  • SUPPORTER
Technical difficulties.  Please stand by.

fowl

I may be new to posting on this forum, but not new to Small Bear.  There are some items I literally don't know where else to find!

As others have said, enjoy retirement of course, but it would be great if you were able to sell the business to someone with the same interest set.

Mark Hammer

Quote from: Steben on September 23, 2021, 12:36:33 PM
I wish you a fulfilling retirement, in which you may recieve the gift of luxurious time.
We all know very well the milestones of your work, although I never ordered anything living in Europe.
Steve never met a dog he didn't want to squat down in front of, look in the eye, talk to, and pet. With more free time, his retiring will be to the benefit of dogs everywhere.  He'll have so much dog hair on his palms, you'll think he's turned into a werewolf!

jimilee

Happy retirement Steve! I know you were the guy that had everything from the obscure to the unobtainium. no one could ever replace you and your dedication. Hopefully, we can find someone that is half as dedicated, those are some mighty big shoes to fill.

PRR

• SUPPORTER

StephenGiles

Best wishes Steve on your retirement - I've never forgotten your kindness all those years ago!
"I want my meat burned, like St Joan. Bring me pickles and vicious mustards to pierce the tongue like Cardigan's Lancers.".

Electron Tornado

Steve,

Congrats on your retirement and best of luck to you in whatever plans you have.

Thank you for being such an excellent resource, along with your outstanding customer service to those of us in the DIY community! Small Bear Electronics became not only a one stop shop for builders, but the place to find some things no one else had.

Fair winds and following seas!
  • SUPPORTER
"Corn meal, gun powder, ham hocks, and guitar strings"

Who is John Galt?

Electron Tornado

Quote from: ElectricDruid on September 22, 2021, 04:21:30 PM
Quote from: theehman on September 22, 2021, 01:55:44 PM
Maybe you could find someone to take over Small Bear to continue?

This would be my thought too. I know it's not easy to sell a business, but honestly - Small Bear has the visibility, an excellent brand, everything in place and running already, etc etc.. It's about as good as it comes if you want a "going concern"!

Either way, best of luck for the future, Steve. It's been a pleasure doing business with you and your excellent staff (hi Tina!).

Opportunity isn't just knocking here, it's banging loudly on the door.

• SUPPORTER
"Corn meal, gun powder, ham hocks, and guitar strings"

Who is John Galt?

John Lyons

End of an era here. I can't imagine the effort you've
put into the cave and sustained over the years.
Have a great time filling up all the time you put into
Smallbear.
Still coming up with parts I can't find at other places.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

pinkjimiphoton

respect and love on your journey, man, thank you for all the love you showed to the community for so many years, and stand down in peace. hope you find some beauty out there away from the same old shoe-shine. all the best!
PjP
  • SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

Govmnt_Lacky

Has anyone ordered and received shipping notification since the announcement?
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

knutolai

Congratulation on retirement and thank you for your effort with SmallBearElec! I will miss it!

John Lyons

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 30, 2021, 09:26:22 AM

Yes, ordered and received.
Basic Audio Pedals
www.basicaudio.net/

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: John Lyons on September 30, 2021, 11:50:11 AM
Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 30, 2021, 09:26:22 AM

Yes, ordered and received.

Damn... must be nice. I have had to email them on almost every order I have placed with them. Like... several DAYS after placing it.  :icon_rolleyes:

EDIT: I guess they saw my email. Got a shipping notice a minute ago  :o
A Veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America
for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'