Is there any chance that these are real?

Started by Onion Ring Modulator, October 22, 2021, 01:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

Aliexpress is blocked on my work's network so I can see the link, but chances are if it's FV-1 and it's on Aliexpress then it's more likely than not fake.
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Onion Ring Modulator

Okay, question two:

Is there any place to get a legit FV-1 at this particular point in time?

vigilante397

Unfortunately not that I'm aware of. I know Cabintech Global had stock more recently than most places, but as soon as people realized that they sold out within a day. Depending on how many you need you may be able to find someone that bought a handful before the semiconductor shortage and didn't use them all that would be willing to part with one or two, but no authorized distributors that I'm aware of have stock.

I'm on the waitlist with Experimental Noize, the US distributor for FV-1, but they're still 3-4 months out if I remember right.

On the bright side it's convinced me to get back into PT2399 delays, which I hadn't touched in years :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com

Onion Ring Modulator

Quote from: vigilante397 on October 25, 2021, 09:23:37 AM

On the bright side it's convinced me to get back into PT2399 delays, which I hadn't touched in years :P

Ha! Just the opposite here. I've built so many different 2399 pedals that I'm sick of them, and I'm sitting on a supply of about 20 of that chip.

vigilante397

Were you able to find any FV-1 yet? Some places are getting them back in stock earlier than previously expected. Cabintech has them (https://www.cabintechglobal.com/semi) and Experimental Noize got some in sooner than they originally planned so I was able to get my order from them.

I had already bought 100 PT2399 and a handful of Belton reverb bricks, but now I have about 50 FV-1 as well :P
  • SUPPORTER

www.sushiboxfx.com

dschwartz

Due to fv1 shortage, we had to bit the bullet and ordered 400 fv1s from ali express and sent them to our PCBA factory.
Now i spend my whole days desoldering those fake pieces of shhht and replacing them with original ones...
Don't buy them.
----------------------------------------------------------
Tubes are overrated!!

http://www.simplifieramp.com