been a while...since it been a while. bringing the stupid. "the talent boost".

Started by pinkjimiphoton, November 23, 2021, 04:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinkjimiphoton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8L6SRazKNs

welcome to the dungeon. this started as a joke... literally a simple boost thrown together as bits n pieces floating around on my bench. sounds nice with old japanese germs, like 2SA and 2SD npns like d30, sa72, etc... but not quite loud enough. the thing likes a bit of leakage i forget what my cheap chinese component tester read, like hfe of 271 with a leakage of 112mv or something. whatever. sounds boss. not sure of which q i ultimately used, as the markings were worn off... looked kinda like an ac 127 or 8 kinda deal. oc80 possibly? hard to tell. the once precious stash of ge has kinda dwindled over the years. lol

anyways. nice sounding little boost that's ok-ish into a cleanish amp. about as exciting as a spam sandwich.
but
into a bit of gain, it freakin screams. becomes a deep-fried spam sammich, which as we all know makes it elevated to sublime.
i dunno.
i definitely maybe think it boosts my talent.
or maybe not.
but if you think it does after watching the stupid video, which, incidentally is not the final incarnation boxed, but the one just previous to it... socket that mother bugger and try every npn ge ya got...i went thru literally eve'y npeen i had trying to find the right one.
sos if ya likes it, and wants to build yaseff ya own, lookee no further than under here, down yonder a bit.

to fookin lazy to make a vero.
proud of myself for figuring out how to do this with diylc after dicking with the dang program for what, 10 years? 20?

enjoy

• SUPPORTER
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
Slava Ukraini!
"try whacking the bejesus outta it and see if it works again"....
~Jack Darr

rutabaga bob

Life is just a series of obstacles preventing you from taking a nap...

"I can't resist a filter" - Kipper

pinkjimiphoton

may be better to rearrange the 4.7k led resistor so its not after the rest of the power supply shit. lets the 47r resistor do its thing better. marginally. i doubt it makes a lotta diff.

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Steben

• SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

Kevin Mitchell

Very nice!!
Your DIYLC program is ready for an update by the way. Is that Rev 1.0? :icon_lol:
We're at Rev 4.2. You can find it here if you're up to try it.
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

pinkjimiphoton

Quote from: Kevin Mitchell on November 24, 2021, 02:00:27 PM
Very nice!!
Your DIYLC program is ready for an update by the way. Is that Rev 1.0? :icon_lol:
We're at Rev 4.2. You can find it here if you're up to try it.

i did try the newer versions, but they never ran well for me since it went java. so never bothered to update it. for my use, the old version is fine.

this version i use is the original from 2006 i think. i've transferred it between a bunch of computers, never failed me!

• SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Kevin Mitchell

I guess no need to fix what isn't broken  ;)
Once I got the swing of Eagle and later Kicad I rarely look back to DIYLC unless it's for a vero, stripboard or point-to-point layout. Though the newer versions are great for graphics and easier to use than most vector programs.

Again, nice work! Much respect for what you do in the tinker dungeon.
  • SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

shit dude, i'm in harford! we should get together sometime and kill some beans or a couple beers!
i am up towards springfield now and again, one of these days i'll be back at the american legion in holyoke with my friends that are there every week.
be nice to hang out!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr

Kevin Mitchell

Quote from: pinkjimiphoton on November 24, 2021, 03:44:18 PM
shit dude, i'm in harford! we should get together sometime and kill some beans or a couple beers!
i am up towards springfield now and again, one of these days i'll be back at the american legion in holyoke with my friends that are there every week.
be nice to hang out!
I was just thinking there's no way I wouldn't recognize you if I ever seen ya around haha.
Shoot me a msg next time you're at the Legion! It's literally a 15 minute drive from my new place. I'd love to swing by and buy a round.
  • SUPPORTER

pinkjimiphoton

heater core blew in my truck, so probably won't be up that way til it warms up again, but will def let ya know!
  • SUPPORTER
Slava Ukraini!
~Jack Darr