Tube screamer by Aion

Started by isobar, December 17, 2021, 10:31:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isobar

Hi,
Does any one know about the Tube Screamer by Aion electronics. I have a version 2, and the PCB layout for capacitor C9 confuses me. It has 3 pads for connection, and there is a +ve and _ve symbol , but there is also a round pad that has no symbol. I just want to make a stock standard pedal without any mods but I am held up by this misunderstanding.
Hope someone can help. Which pads should I use?

MikeA

Welcome to the forum!

C9 is a 1 uF capacitor, and can be either polarized or non-polarized.  If you use a polarized electrolytic cap, it fits best in the inside holes marked "+" and "-".  The cap is marked as to which lead is negative, and/or the positive lead on the cap is longer.  If you use a non-polarized cap, it's wider and fits the two outside holes in either direction.  Either type of cap will work fine. 
  • SUPPORTER

isobar

Thanks Mike,
This is just what I wanted to know. It really helps me out.
Glad to join the forum.
Chris.

duck_arse

isobar, also welcome, and use your meter on those 3 pads, just as a proof. on low ohms, two adjacent pads will read short, so you need one of those and the other pad, whichever cap you have.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

isobar

Awesome! Thanks for the response. I will check this out. And thanks for the welcome too.