Arion SCH-1 Chorus Mods?

Started by rudeez, May 12, 2013, 07:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudeez

Been reading alot trying to undertsand the other topic on this subject and i can't wrap my head around it, can someone please advise me here?
What i wanna do is to make it true bypass and add the famous vibe/chorus option.
The descrition to do this is written in this thread and reads:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7249

Full:
- Isolate the switch by removing C5 and R39.
- Disconnect C8 and R38 at the switch side
- disconnect R40 at the switch side.
- Connect the disconnected side of R40 to the junction of C28 and R38 where they used to be connected to the switch side.
- disconnect R34 and R28 from U1b, pin 7.
- connect one of the outer isolated lugs of the switch to the junction of R28 and R34
- connect the center lug of the switch to U1b, pin 7.

The mentioned switch, is that always the mode switch were talking about? The original is Direct/Stereo or is it the bypass switch on the board were talking about?
Also, should i connect the snipped side of R40 to the snipped side of the C28 and R38?
And where do i take in/out from later on to the 3PDT switch?
Could someone please clarify this a bit for me, that would help me alot!

clipman3

Quote from: rudeez on May 12, 2013, 07:15:33 PM
Been reading alot trying to undertsand the other topic on this subject and i can't wrap my head around it, can someone please advise me here?
What i wanna do is to make it true bypass and add the famous vibe/chorus option.
The descrition to do this is written in this thread and reads:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7249

Full:
- Isolate the switch by removing C5 and R39.
- Disconnect C8 and R38 at the switch side
- disconnect R40 at the switch side.
- Connect the disconnected side of R40 to the junction of C28 and R38 where they used to be connected to the switch side.
- disconnect R34 and R28 from U1b, pin 7.
- connect one of the outer isolated lugs of the switch to the junction of R28 and R34
- connect the center lug of the switch to U1b, pin 7.

The mentioned switch, is that always the mode switch were talking about? The original is Direct/Stereo or is it the bypass switch on the board were talking about?
Also, should i connect the snipped side of R40 to the snipped side of the C28 and R38?
And where do i take in/out from later on to the 3PDT switch?
Could someone please clarify this a bit for me, that would help me alot!
+1

Mick Bailey

Are you sure this is for the SCH-1? Looks like part numbers for the SCH-Z.

rudeez

Hmm, could be! I have no idea really. How do i make the mod on the SCH-1 then? I've been looking for hours and hours about info but no one seems interested in sharing the info...

Henry89789

Rudeez:

I have an Arion SCH-1 Chorus. The Chorus effect on mine is very, very subtle and turning the knobs changes the sound almost imperceptibly. Is yours like that? 

clipman3

Quote from: Henry89789 on May 14, 2013, 04:44:46 PM
Rudeez:

I have an Arion SCH-1 Chorus. The Chorus effect on mine is very, very subtle and turning the knobs changes the sound almost imperceptibly. Is yours like that? 

Personally... Mine is extremely lush with the depth all the way up and the rate at around 10 o'clock. I love it.

Henry89789

Do you all have three-knob or four-knob pedals. My SCH-1 is grey and has has rate, depth, tone, and feedback knobs. Couldn't find a picture or even a reference to one online much less a schematic or anything else. All the ones on ebay and you tube have three knobs.

Mick Bailey

clipman3

Quote from: Henry89789 on May 15, 2013, 03:22:06 AM
Do you all have three-knob or four-knob pedals. My SCH-1 is grey and has has rate, depth, tone, and feedback knobs. Couldn't find a picture or even a reference to one online much less a schematic or anything else. All the ones on ebay and you tube have three knobs.

Mine has 3: rate, deth and tone

czech-one-2

Quote from: Henry89789 on May 15, 2013, 03:22:06 AM

You my friend, bought a Flanger with a chorus battery cover. :-[