Master True Bypass Switch Help

Started by Kevaus, December 02, 2021, 06:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevaus

Hi guys,

I have built a fuzz+delay in one box with dual foot switching. I was wondering if there was a way to add a third foot switch which would allow me to turn both effects on/off with one click. This would really come in handy for lead parts where I can add fuzz+delay with one click instead of two.

Cheers  :D

BJM

Hi,

The title of this post is not right? You're not switching the order of the effects?

I think you can solve this quite easy with a "master" true-bypass switch.

Kevaus

Hey thanks for that- I updated the subject line.

Would you happen to have a diagram that shows how to do this? I searched all over but couldn't find anything.

idy

Whatever system you used for the two effects, you do that again...

...but now you connect the new switch to the in and out jacks, and the "effect input" goes where the input jack used to go (your first effect footswitch input) and  you take the output of the second footswitch as your "effect out" on the new switch.

do you have a diagram of the system you are using?

FiveseveN

If the "dual foot switching" is true bypass, do note that both effects have to be turned on (not bypassed) for the master switch to work. Is this what you're looking for or do you want to go from any state to both on/off?
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

Kevaus

Quote from: idy on December 03, 2021, 10:51:46 PM
Whatever system you used for the two effects, you do that again...

...but now you connect the new switch to the in and out jacks, and the "effect input" goes where the input jack used to go (your first effect footswitch input) and  you take the output of the second footswitch as your "effect out" on the new switch.

do you have a diagram of the system you are using?

Hey thanks for the info-I'll try they out. My bad, I was meant to upload a pic earlier but got distracted.. I used the offset wiring from Guitar Fx.

Kevaus

Quote from: FiveseveN on December 04, 2021, 12:32:45 AM
If the "dual foot switching" is true bypass, do note that both effects have to be turned on (not bypassed) for the master switch to work. Is this what you're looking for or do you want to go from any state to both on/off?

Hey, I'm fine with both effects being turned on in order for the master switch to work. I would also be interested  on how to go from any state to on/off if you have don't mind sharing?

I really appreciate your help guys.

BJM

Quote from: Kevaus on December 03, 2021, 07:13:54 PM
Hey thanks for that- I updated the subject line.

Would you happen to have a diagram that shows how to do this? I searched all over but couldn't find anything.

Hi, there's a diagram halfway this page:
https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/need-help-fast-tb-looper-diy.453174/

It's for a looper with send and return jacks, but the idea is the same.

Kevaus