Ongoing Project - homebrew IR loader

Started by vigilante397, January 25, 2022, 10:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vigilante397

Mmkay, super quick update on this project:

I was able to get the ADAU1701 part figured out. I have a dev board with just that chip and an EEPROM, and I can successfully load an IR (using Shiftline's "WAV to FIR" tool for the coefficients) into the EEPROM and have the ADAU1701 self-boot, so I can now implement a single, unchangeable IR into a pedal (which I've already done, should be here next week). The next step is figuring out how to make it easy to swap.

The vast majority of my microcontroller work has been Arduino/ATMega/ATTiny so STM32 is foreign to me, and I've been struggling with the firmware. So I jumped on fiverr to see if I could find someone to write the USB mass storage part of the code for me, and it took all of 10 minutes to find someone who said it would be a piece of cake, so I'll see how it goes in a week or so.

Once I have the storage bit setup I get to the hard part, converting WAV files to IR coefficients inside the STM32, then the other hard part of generating a .hex file for the ADAU1701 with those coefficients plugged into the FIR block to send to the ADAU1701 from the STM32.

But at least I was able to get the easy part working :P
  • SUPPORTER
"Some people love music the way other people love chocolate. Some of us love music the way other people love oxygen."

www.sushiboxfx.com