How to record an already modified guitar sound ?

Started by mikwieni, January 30, 2022, 01:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikwieni

Hello,
I am a complete newcomer to DAW and Neural DSP. So far, I get that you can use Archetype plugins to change the sound of a guitar that has already been recorded (a dry clean sound, e.g. on Audacity).
But I don't know how can I set things up so that the recording Software will take Archetype into account during the recording process (as opposed to using a plugin on a dry clean sound that has been recorded).

I didn't find a clear step-by-step answer on Neural DSP's website.

Does someone know how to do that ?

FiveseveN

Welcome to the forum!
It entirely depends on which DAW you're using, but all of them (should) have the option to record the input (dry signal) or the output (wet). You can also bounce the track after recording.
Also that's not exactly the kind of DSP this forum/section is about. You might get better answers in the Neural DSP users group or one specific to your DAW, or one about the basics of in-the-box production.
Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

PRR

Quote from: FiveseveN on January 30, 2022, 02:36:42 AM...You might get better answers in ...

Or even in the Reddit thread this text seems to be copied from.
  • SUPPORTER

FiveseveN

Quote from: R.G. on July 31, 2018, 10:34:30 PMDoes the circuit sound better when oriented to magnetic north under a pyramid?

FiveseveN

Bots replying to bots, the circle is complete!

duck_arse

You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Digital Larry

You can't do that in version 10.0.4.3.6.2.  You'll need to re-install the 10.0.2.56.423 patch and edit the registry.  At least, that's what I did.  I haven't used SONAR in years, and the other day I finally tracked down and removed the 10 GB of useless "content" that it had installed for some reason.  I remember early on thinking I had to have every pack of 5,000 samples, and 3 billion soft synths.  Boy have I grown up since then.  Now I realize all you need is 10,000 amp captures and 15,000,000 "eye arrrrrs" which is some kind of pirate thing I think.

Good luck on your search!
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer