Repairing Mooer Ocean Machine Footswitch

Started by HighSolstice, February 15, 2022, 10:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighSolstice

As the title says I've got a Mooer Ocean Machine with a faulty footswitch on the right side of the device.  It sometimes works but if you spin the footswitch out of that position at all it cuts out and no longer works.  I'm wondering if I were to go about replacing this footswitch what part I would need specifically for the replacement.  I've got a collection of footswitches but they don't look like these.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XCM8WFG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_CDESZ3NZ4N3YP1NMBHQY

idy

Are those the ones with washers that light up?
Are they momentary (not latching?)
Are they soldered to a pcb or attached with wires?

Jarno

Quite an interesting box, I think. Do post pictures if you crack it open :)

DIY Bass

I suspect these may be actuators with a rod or spring on them that press down onto a tactile switch on the PCB.  The fact that it works but only in one orientation suggests that maybe the rod or spring has moved a bit and is no longer centred on the switch.  If all that is correct you may be able to adjust it with tweezers carefully to get it into the correct position again.

idy

HighSolstice

For any wondering I finally got around to opening this thing up and it is exactly as DIY Bass said.  These are no regular stomp switches, they have a spring and rod below them which only serve to press a much smaller switch on a circuit board within the device.  I found that the switch was not making contact with the button at all when pressed, all I did was add one of those sticky pads I'd pulled off the bottom of a pedal on the top of the interior switch and now the rod is able to make contact again.  Glad it was only a mechanical issue and nothing requiring me to buy any new parts.  I was in a bit of a hurry to get it back together so I didn't get any photos but this video shows off the interior and gave me the confidence to open it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBRtzbNg1Qo