Suitable Isolation Transformer for Axess BS2 Buffer/Splitter

Started by Rodgre, June 08, 2022, 10:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodgre

I have an original Axess Electronics BS2 Buffer/Splitter and I would like to build a second one. I have found the schematics for the op-amp buffer and voltage doubler online, but I haven't found a mention of a suitable isolation transformer for the isolated split. The shielding can on the one in my unit is stamped Mouser, but for all I know, that could just be the shielding can and not the transformer itself.

I guess the simplest question is what is a good transformer for a buffered guitar signal to isolate it from the input?

Thank you!

Roger

Kevin Mitchell

Here's a good read on R.G.'s isolated ABY. There's a viable signal transformer recommended there (an xicon 42TM018)
http://www.geofex.com/FX_images/TransformerSplitter.pdf
  • SUPPORTER
This hobby will be the deaf of me

MikeA

I love the BS-2, I made one with multiple outputs for a bass player and settled on Triad Magnetics TY-141P transformers.  I've also done one as a guitar splitter with the Xicon 42TM018-RC that RG mentions with similar results.  Both are 10k/10k, the Triad has just a bit more low end.  If you drive these with a op amp, as you will in the BS-2, the frequency response is much better than the spec sheet.  The Triad spec sheet quotes -2 dB from 200 Hz to 15 kHz, but I measured the actual -2 dB points as 15 Hz and 30 kHz. 
  • SUPPORTER