Foxx Fuzz Wah Volume. need help with off board wiring / repair.

Started by Mr.Grim, May 25, 2022, 02:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Grim

Ok got this from a friend's shop, wants me to see if I can find the issue.

Bypasses signal but that's it. So I opened it and... This is where I need help. Looks like previous owner tried to swap the input and output so it was more pedalboard friendly. (This older model has them reversed).

All the wires are solid. So there's breaks everywhere, so I'm going to just start there and hope it works after fixing all the wires.

But I need help with the offboard wires, from what I can tell the wires going to the jacks are all wrong. I would assume the battery clip goes to the larger 3 post jack for and used for input. And smaller jack for output off the fuzz level pot. And that's almost what's here, and almost rite. But I know it's backwards from original, between that and a previous owner soldering broken wires to whatever is close.....I don't know what to say. It seems mixed between rite and wrong so I just want to remove them and start over..

Anyone have nice wiring diagrams or photos that could help me?

Opinions on just ripping out all old wire?

I know it's not a specific photo, I'm just getting started and wanted opinions before I dove in. So let me know what pics may help you help me.

Only schematic I could find is attached.

Mr.Grim

Things like the battery wire tied into the left harness where I assume it wouldn't originaly be is a good example of the things throwing me off.

Or was the faceplate on the pedal labeled wrong back in the day?

MikeA

Here's one I had for a while, I hope the pics help.  I'm also posting the cheat sheet I made for the guy I sold it to, some of the functions are not intuitive.

• SUPPORTER

Mr.Grim

Mike, thanks so much! These pics will help a bunch. Again, much appreciated.

Strategy

I got one of these and restored it a couple years ago, was going to post gut shots but looks like MikeA has you covered.
I have to say this thing really wants a buffer used with it. Definitely has that vintage wah tone sucking phenomenon. What a great pedal though. This pedal surprisingly sounds amazing on bass too.
- Strategy
-----------------------------------------------------
www.strategymusic.com
www.community-library.net
https://soundcloud.com/strategydickow
https://twitter.com/STRATEGY_PaulD

Mr.Grim

It's alive!   Thanks again Mike!  Finally had time to dig at it today on my day off and after re routing the wires and reflowing most solder it fired up perfectly, well as perfect as it originally was lol.

MikeA

• SUPPORTER