Seen a new book for diy stompbox beginners. Has anyone read it already?

Started by TakeItEasy, June 01, 2022, 02:06:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matopotato

Very interesting video in so many different ways and aspect.
"Should have breadboarded it first"

pee-j

hi,

I'm a beginner too, and I can say
we don't need those books at all...
for we have everything here!

Seriously, a book is very probably written based on what's in these 3-4 forums / community publications...
reading forum posts here will be 100x better an experience than reading a book..., I can testify on this, too...

• part of it because the "info" here, the experience, is way more, it a vast pool!!

• also, the "info" here, the experience is that of many great minds, not one writer who very probably just adapts thoughts
    of these great minds...

• reading a forum happens in a NON-LINEAR way... which is a great-great advantage!
    including SEARCH phases... when you decide where to go next!

• reading this forum also allows you for seeing how others are reading it with you...
    and all readers can also contribute...

• book writers become cautious.... they do not raise the stake, but lower it...
    and even that they might not grow up to in the end...
    books could be summed up very briefly!
    reading a forum like this, can't...

• as you're reading this forum -- browsing it and reading it... traveling in it in any direction you like... taking any fruit you like... -- you will also build some circuits...
    which will work like this https://www.muzique.com/schem/mosfet.htm :)

that is, it will BOOST your reading, cause you'll gain direct experience o the subject!!

and the GAIN will be immense :)

or take BUFFERS :)
how many pages of a book will be devoted to buffers?
and will these thoughts be included?

oh yes, +1... unless it is written by someone like the top skulls here, a book can't have original content... instead, it'll very probably have paraphrased "text"...
see this:  https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=102554.msg909664#msg909664
we won't find this in a book anytime soon...

but here we have it :)
so, why buy a cow when we're swimming in a milk ocean here?

zbt

I found a book in the thick forest in the mountains of wikipedia, a work made by a master.

The file name is atboost, and here's the keyword: Treble Booster.

This journey brought me to this forum, therefore I welcome You.

Enjoy