Booster with mid boost and treble&bass boost lodes?

Started by roseblood11, June 19, 2022, 02:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iainpunk

Quote from: antonis on June 22, 2022, 08:38:44 AM
Quote from: iainpunk on June 22, 2022, 08:24:01 AM
i'd think people would know by now that most of the time i put ideas out like that. :icon_wink:

People would also know by know that you leave the all the dirty job to them.. :icon_wink:
''''dirty jobs'''' meaning the Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V functions? its not like its different in many cases.

here is the ''dirty'' version... still no biassing, as its based around a half wave rectifier for more distortion with less gain. uses single supply. the opamp is LM358 for operation near 0v and its crossover distortion adds to the sound.

cheers

edit: Aron should add a symbol / marker so that moderators can mark a thread as 'de-railed'/'solved'/etc...
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

antonis

Quote from: iainpunk on June 22, 2022, 03:51:37 PM
here is the ''dirty'' version... still no biassing,

But now it IS biased..!! :icon_smile:
(via diode - 22k - 22k ..)

P.S.
Iain, I think you have to present integraded circuits..
(not all forum members are able to readily implement a "main idea" circuit into a working effect..)

BTW, you could obtain half wave rectification without amp_1 out diode..
(just maintain GND bias and single supply..) :icon_wink:

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

iainpunk

Quote from: antonis on June 22, 2022, 04:12:43 PM
Quote from: iainpunk on June 22, 2022, 03:51:37 PM
here is the ''dirty'' version... still no biassing,

But now it IS biased..!! :icon_smile:
(via diode - 22k - 22k ..)
is it considered bias if its at 0v?

P.S.
Iain, I think you have to present integraded circuits..
(not all forum members are able to readily implement a "main idea" circuit into a working effect..)
fair point

BTW, you could obtain half wave rectification without amp_1 out diode..
(just maintain GND bias and single supply..) :icon_wink:
i found it wouldn't really cut at the middle of the wave, when guitar volume dialed back it would even clean up... its the input bias current, generating a voltage over the 100k input grounding resistor, setting the bias just a smidge above 0v, letting through part of the bottom wave. the diode reduces the 'loss' of the rectifier

cheers
friendly reminder: all holes are positive and have negative weight, despite not being there.

cheers

antonis

Quote from: iainpunk on June 22, 2022, 05:01:02 PM
is it considered bias if its at 0v?

Only when 0V means Ground.. :icon_wink:

BTW, you can maintain de-railed depiction but, at least, connect 100k bias resistor at some Vref point..
(and, if you do so, place a cap in series with 1k gain resistor)
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

iainpunk

precision rectifiers NEED their feedback loop DC coupled to the same bias as the signal, otherwise they will charge up a capacitor and cut out or do other unorderly things you don't want it to.

cheers

cheers

antonis

Absolutely true & correct..!!

But for DUAL supply and signal INVERTING input.. :icon_wink: