Tyrian (Revv G3 clone) NO SOUND

Started by awgearhart, July 07, 2022, 08:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

awgearhart

I built the Tyrian distortion from PedalPCB and am getting no sound even when bypassed. I made sure the power source and signal chain I'm using works with another pedal.

The LED comes on when I engage the pedal (so I don't believe it's a power issue), but just no sound. I looked at my connections and wiring, and everything seems to be fine from what I can tell. I'm thinking maybe an input/output jack issue or maybe a problem with the 3PDT switch?

Pictures attached, PDF of the Tyrian can be found here under Build Documentation: https://www.pedalpcb.com/product/tyriandistortion/

antonis

I'm tretty sure you've wired 3PDT switch in the reverse (mirror) IN-GND-SW-OUT order.. :icon_wink:

Pad printed indications are on items side..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

awgearhart

I've attached what each pin of the 3PDT switch is wired to... hopefully this helps.

awgearhart

I believe it has something to do on the output side. I already switched out the jack to see if it was faulty, but no change.

There are x2 3mm LEDs on the PCB that light up when there is signal, and that is working correctly. So the pedal is receiving input, but is unable to output even bypassed.

idy

No sound even in bypass means your problem is certainly in switching (or jacks)
check what Antonis said. Mirrored/flipped order of wires?

Your labels on the photo obscure that important detail, so it is hard to help.

When we number the terminals on a 3pdt it normally goes

with 123 one pole, 234 the second pole etc.

The circuit is working, and your labeling on the 3pdt will work, just get those wires in the right holes!

awgearhart

All, thanks for the input. It turns out that it was just a bad switch. The wiring was correct, but I checked continuity between Pole 6 and 9 and it was not there.

Thank you for the correction on pole numbering as well!