1979 Boss DS-1 stopped working - no sound at all

Started by pete_g, July 25, 2022, 03:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m_charles

Quote from: pete_g on August 25, 2022, 09:01:20 AM
Sorry to return to this, but I've checked the power rail and ground points, loose or broken wires, I be tried a few times, going over it, but can't work out why it doesn't turn on. I'll come back and see if there's any suggestions. I'm just not sure where I may be getting stuck. The switch is working. The + side rail has power, the jacks are connnected, (the LED should turn on anyway) so the issue is no power even to light the LED. I'll keep trying, but wires keep breaking off and I have re solder then after lifting the hood and checking both sides. I might have to in solder diodes, one by one, I think...

I still say the answer is something much more simple. I doubt any of the parts on the board have failed. Hope you're able to sort it! keep us posted

duck_arse

Quote from: Fancy Lime on August 25, 2022, 02:56:25 PM
Quote from: Rob Strand on July 28, 2022, 07:25:28 PM
SD-1 isn't the same as DS-1

Names from an innocent time, when no one could imagine that one day "helpful" autocorrect and "smarter than though" search engines would make it so much harder to distinguish between DS-1 and SD-1 when searching information on the interwebs.

smarter than thou? helpful autocorrect.
don't make me draw another line.

Phend

Really could use a picture of the back side of the board.
Need to see if it has "terminal" cancer. 
Which is quite fixable even if not caught early.
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

Rob Strand

Quotesmarter than thou? helpful autocorrect.
I actually turn autocorrect off on my phone.  Quite a few times it changed the meaning of what I wrote!   The human at the other end has a better chance of fixing typos.
Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.