Is it still possible to make a name / money with a new Analog Guitar pedal ?

Started by Vivek, May 13, 2021, 04:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

puppiesonacid

to answer the question posed in the title: anything is possible.

it sounds like you've convinced yourself that there is no frontier, nothing new to be explored. i would say that the breakneck speed at which technology is developed and discarded afforda plenty of opportunities for R&D (diy or otherwise). It may seem like there is a pedal maker on every street corner and everyone is as equipped/knowledgeable as you but this is likely a result of an echo chamber effect of being immersed in a subject and its supporters. to the rest of the world analog guitar pedals and tubes have long been left in the dust innovation within the industry is achievable, but a lot of things have been settled and proven best practices. we all stand on the shoulders of giants. but leo fender didnt make a 24 fret guitar.

necessity is the mother of invention. maybe all your needs are met? nothing wrong with that. Start studying synthesis  and synthesizers and you'll soon beging to wonder why the hell guitar pedals dont have MORE than what they typically do to shape the sound, attack, tone, performance controls etc...

you're only bound by your imagination and knowledge and the capabilities of the tools available.  some things just work well as is.

guamfw

I agree with you that nothing is impossible in today's world. So, if you see the point in promoting yourself, do it.

Steben

Ask yourself why people want to spend hundreds of bucks on a bluesbreaker but most prefer to try out cheap blues crab.
Compare a daddy-o to a drivemaster or guv'nor...
That said, the best reaction I ever had here was my use of a cheap amp switch as an enclosure for a bluesbreaker.
And a kudos from Mark regarding my idea on a small clone depth control mod. But that is what I found the best reaction.

Look at the maestro fuzz. Make a fuzz pedal and it will be a fuzz pedal. If John Mayer stumbled on it and played it if only once on some garage recording you are settled.

Last year I thought of the concept of a compact all analog warm overdrive solid state amp. I loved it. Thing is, one does need to sell amps (or pedals), one need to sell the idea of an amp.
Does one love it enough to make others love it.
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

guamfw

Quote from: guamfw on November 03, 2022, 12:27:05 PM
I agree with you that nothing is impossible in today's world. So, if you see the point in promoting yourself, do it.
I agree with you that nothing is impossible in today's world. So, if you see the point in promoting yourself, do it. Nowadays, you can use any platform or media to develop your name. You can also write a few songs or tunes and record them on a CD or any other medium. And then send them to bigger musicians or producers to audition. It's all in your hands. But if you lack motivation, I think this will help you [link removed]. I would also like to develop in a musical direction, but unfortunately, I do not have the talent.

Phend

It will certainly help if you can say:
"But wait, if you call right now we will double your order, you only pay for shipping and handling."
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

duck_arse

You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

Andon

• SUPPORTER