War Scythe/hoof reaper volume

Started by SprinkleSpraycan, August 06, 2022, 02:28:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SprinkleSpraycan

The tone bender and octave sides work just fine. But the muff side only works if gain and volume is turned all the way up. Is this a transistor issue? I've never encountered this problem before and am unsure how to troubleshoot. I did the cloven mod listed in the build doc.

https://www.pedalpcb.com/docs/WarScythe.pdf

idy

What transistors did you use for Q4 and Q5? 2n1308? Those "tabs" shown on the PCB are for the emitters. Did you check the pinout of those two transistors?

SprinkleSpraycan

Doh! You know what happened? Somewhere along the way I damaged the PCB between q5 base and the resistor after it. Made a jumper and now the fuzz runs free.

SprinkleSpraycan

Works now. But still low volume. Any thoughts?

idy

QuoteWhat transistors did you use for Q4 and Q5? 2n1308? Those "tabs" shown on the PCB are for the emitters. Did you check the pinout of those two transistors?

Didn't answer my question. Yes, using transistors with wrong pinout will produce your problem.

rogeryu_ph

The circular drawn with TAB on the PCB call for alloy junction germanium transistor TO-5, any replacement could but the emitter should be near unto the TAB drawing.... that is what idy pointing out. check the transistor datasheet replacement for pin out.