Missing blocks in SpinCAD Designer?

Started by taudio, September 05, 2022, 06:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taudio

After a long hiatus, I'm back doing some effects with SpinCAD Designer. To get started, I upgraded to the latest version (downloaded from GitHub).

Kudos to Digital Larry for all his great work on this tool!

When I upgraded, I noted that two blocks I have used previously (in a version of SpinCAD Designer from a few years ago) no longer appear under the "Delay" menu -- specifically the "Single Delay" and the "Coarse Delay".

Is there some way I can get these blocks back?

Thanks!
  • SUPPORTER

Digital Larry

As posted elsewhere...

I think "Coarse Delay" was one of the first blocks I ever implemented directly in Java. It predates the "SpinCAD Builder" language. It has a self contained feedback loop as compared to the external one in the Three-Tap (or Triple-Tap) delay block, which is what I recommend you use instead. It's very helpful to be able to put various types of filter and other things in the feedback loop.

As you have discovered, the "Coarse Delay" is still available to patches which used it, but it's not shown in the menu any more. The block code is still there but I removed it from the menu in favor of the more flexible "Three-Tap".

If you find you can't live with this, you have a couple choices:

• Check out the code for SpinCAD Designer and SpinCAD Builder, set up the Eclipse Java+DSL IDE, ask for help when you get stuck (as the instructions are missing an important step), then add this block back to the menu.  :o
  • Get the older version of the program from Github. The patches made with this version can be considered "Vintage" with a capital V and command top dollah on the black market. ;)
Digital Larry
Want to quickly design your own effects patches for the Spin FV-1 DSP chip?
https://github.com/HolyCityAudio/SpinCAD-Designer

taudio

• SUPPORTER