Phase 90 vero build, new ticking noise

Started by Locrian99, September 26, 2022, 01:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locrian99

Hey guys,

A couple months ago I made a phase 90 on vero, had it working great.  Boxed it up was still working fine.   Went to plug it in tonight and there's an audible noise, I think it's what is ussuallt referred to as motorboating.   I think the problem is in the 15u cap.   But just wanted to double check that I'm in the right track.   I'm guessing my 18month old got a hold of the pedal and gave it a good toss.   I've had to move them due to this issue lol.   Anyways here's a picture of the circuit in its current home.  Audio probe I don't hear any ticking noise until the output of the op amp after it goes through q1.   So it shows up at pin 1 of the top tl072.   I can hear it at pins 5,6,7 of the bottom tl072 (the lfo op amp, obviously there's no guitar signal here).   Anyways any pointing in the right direction or confirmation of it being the 15u cap would be awesome before I tear this apart.   

Edit: after reflowing the solder on the 15u it's still there.   I noticed it only does it when the script switch is in one setting.   Other setting I can't hear it.  And it is effected by the rate knob.