PCB Guitar Mania - Submarine vibe (EQD - The Depths clone)

Started by harrisxr650, January 26, 2023, 07:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrisxr650

Hi,

I'm trying to add a rate led to this build but i cant figure out how.
Can someone check the schematic and advise how to if possible?

Thanks

duck_arse

to my unqualified eye, that looks like a phase shift osc based around Q1. easiest way I can think is to add a led and clr in parallel with R22. don't go silly bright - use ultra bright led w/ 22k say - and you might need to adjust R22 a value higher if the oscillator conks.

otherwise, just jamb a led in line with R22. may affect waveshape and oscillation goodness at the extremes of the rate pot.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

antonis

If you want to implement a fancier application..
(although, Stephen's suggestion is true, correct and verified..!!) :icon_wink:

P.S.
100nF cap is optional for LED fading (smooth blinking)..
"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

duck_arse

antonis - how is your rate indicator getting any information from the oscillator? I can't see it.
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

antonis

Quote from: duck_arse on January 26, 2023, 09:07:27 AM
antonis - how is your rate indicator getting any information from the oscillator?

It doesn't.. :icon_wink:
(in the mean of not directly..)
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

harrisxr650

Quote from: antonis on January 26, 2023, 08:27:26 AM
If you want to implement a fancier application..
(although, Stephen's suggestion is true, correct and verified..!!) :icon_wink:

P.S.
100nF cap is optional for LED fading (smooth blinking)..

So you adding a small circuit for the led with an additional MPSA18 and a couple of components?

out of curiosity, can you explain how this works? i'm looking to learn a bit and not only asking around constantly :D,
Also Stephen mentioned that his way may affect waveform and oscillation goodness at some point, how about your idea?
Thanks

anotherjim

I think Antonis is showing a simple level meter. Since it's a vibe, the signal level should pulsate up & down as will the LED brightness. It's a Throbometertm.

antonis

Quote from: harrisxr650 on January 26, 2023, 03:59:24 PM
Stephen mentioned that his way may affect waveform and oscillation goodness at some point..

Try the LED + R22 series combination, making R22 10k (or so) to compensate for LED voltage drop.. :icon_wink:

PRR

• SUPPORTER