BC182L alternatives?

Started by dennism, February 11, 2023, 04:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennism

I like the BC182L in a silicon fuzz face and the like, but I've run out.   Mouser and Tayda don't seem to have any more and ebay is expensive and risky.   The pinout is BCE and I suppose I could just change my layout to accomodate a CBE pinout.   But maybe someone can suggest some alternatives that have similar gain range and BCE pinout?  Thanks.

antonis

"I'm getting older while being taught all the time" Solon the Athenian..
"I don't mind  being taught all the time but I do mind a lot getting old" Antonis the Thessalonian..

dennism

Ok, thanks for posting the datasheet and I guess you are saying that technically the pinout is ECB, not BCE?   That's just a matter of what direction  you mount it in your layout, so thanks, I guess....

Still looking for alternatives that have the same pinout it anyone knows of any.

Phend

Small bear has them. BC182, 40 cents and 1062 in stock. No "L"....  pinout ? Not sure
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.

FSFX

Quote from: Phend on February 12, 2023, 08:06:00 AM
No "L"  and cbe

The pinout is the main physical difference between the BC182L and the BC182A/B.

The OP was looking for the specific pinout of the 'L'.

That pinout is often associated with Japanese transistors, so maybe worth looking at some of those types as alternatives.

Clint Eastwood

If you are in the USA, try Newark.  They have 20.000 BC182L  in stock, and if you buy 100 they cost 7 cents.

duck_arse

I think Antonis' point may have been that they are general purpose amplifiers. that spec sheet doesn't even show hFE, they are so plain. and the noise figure?
You hold the small basket while I strain the gnat.

dennism

Newark looks like a great option and price.   I've never ordered from them before.  Oddly enough, they must be a global company, because it says that the BC182L ship from their UK warehouse.   Even so, for 7 cents each in quantity order, it's worth the 9.99 shipping.   Thanks for that info.   Finding the actual transistor is even better than finding a similar alternative.

FSFX

Quote from: dennism on February 12, 2023, 01:34:36 PM
Newark looks like a great option and price.   I've never ordered from them before.  Oddly enough, they must be a global company, because it says that the BC182L ship from their UK warehouse.   Even so, for 7 cents each in quantity order, it's worth the 9.99 shipping.   Thanks for that info.   Finding the actual transistor is even better than finding a similar alternative.
Newark (US) and Farnell, CPC (UK) are the same company.

https://www.farnell.com/newark/

Phend

I ordered a special "out dated" power supply from Newark. Being they had one, like the last one anywhere. It was in the UK, I am in US. No big deal, apparently they move parts back and fourth a few times a day. Got it just as fast as if it came from LA. Satisfied, Newark is a good company.
  • SUPPORTER+
When the DIY gets Weird, the Weird turn Pro.