MXR 6 Band EQ BLUE REPAIR

Started by 51razor50, February 16, 2023, 11:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

51razor50

Hello, i recently aquired an MXR 6 Band Eq, the blue one. and it appears that some cables have cutted when i opened to insert a 9 v battery.  Does anyone know how to wire those up? Or has an schematic of this model ? Thank you!

Mark Hammer

I have several schematics for it, but none indicate wire colour.  So, I went into the basement, and opened up the enclosure for the one I have.  Fortunately for me, but unfortunate for you, the person I bought it from has installed a 3PDT bypass switch in the space normally reserved for the battery, and likely redid the wiring, so wire colour will not help me.

Do, can you either say or show where the yellow wire goes to on the board, preferably  what component it might go to?

51razor50

Hi , thanks for the reply, i think the yellow wire was just up from the blue wire but i dont really know. i found some pictures from other forums that indicate that the yellow wire comes from the input jack to the location i just mentioned.
(THIS ARE THE PHOTOS I FOUND IN THE OTHER FORUM NOT MY PEDAL)

Rob Strand

I think it goes here.

If you have multimeter check that the second pad, from the top of that group of 4 vertical pads, connects to C14.

Send:     . .- .-. - .... / - --- / --. --- .-. -
According to the water analogy of electricity, transistor leakage is caused by holes.

CheapPedalCollector

Rob is correct.

MXR has a standard color code they use.

Yellow is input
Blue/Purple are outputs
Grey/Orange/White/Brown go to controls
Black/Bare are ground
Red tends to be +V, but some pedals like the Chorus and Flanger can use them also for controls because they are not battery powered.

51razor50

I checked and yes, it is connected the way rob suggests. Thank you! i will try to wire this thing again and hopefully it works haha. i will update here.

51razor50

Hello again, i finally could fix the pedal. Thanks to all that participated and helped! The fix was as ROB stated, i just re soldered new wires to the input and output of the pcb to the jacks. /and also added a 9v battery connector.