pedal building education

Started by mhein68, May 30, 2023, 12:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matopotato

Quote from: mhein68 on June 01, 2023, 02:11:10 PM
Quote from: matopotato on May 30, 2023, 03:38:48 PM
I really enjoyed Jack Orman's books. Especially https://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Effects-Explained-Jack-Orman-ebook/dp/B074SWPK96.

I cannt find this book except in Kindle form... Hate to ask but is there a place to find a pdf copy? Of cousre pay for?
I did buy my copy so I honestly didn't look for a pdf. My first Kindle book. Well, the distortion one was actually the first because I clicked the wrong book.
I think it was worth every monetary unit and have read it several times.
It worked really well in Kindle as well.
Some things might not feel as worthwhile buying, as opposed to gear, guitars amps, pedals etc. But more often than not you get more your money's worth from a good book, online course or guitar lessons. IMHO, YMMV, etc.
"Should have breadboarded it first"

PRR

{quote lost?}> I cannt find this book except in Kindle form...

You do not need a hunret-buck Kindle to read kindles. There is a web-interface (read.amazon.com), App for Android (prolly iPhone), application for Windows (recent versions; but a Win7 install lurks in the wild), maybe Mac too?

When you shop for the e-book, also look for this link:

• SUPPORTER

matopotato

Forgot Kindle makes devices.
I use the free Kindle app for Android on mobile phone and for iOS on iPad.
Works very well.
"Should have breadboarded it first"

PRR

> Forgot Kindle makes devices.

Sorry to mis-understand.

I was stuck on a doctor-table for hours a week, soaking up a drug, in a position where a paperback was hard to manage. I used the cellphone app for quite a while. But I got the minimal Kindle "refurbished" and liked it better. Nearly read my eyes off, also it had an un-refurbed bug, so now I am on a "Kindle (2022 release) – ....now with a 6" 300 ppi high-resolution display" (stupid names). If you read hours a day, it is good. And there are piles of cheap and free e-books, aside from the stuff I actually pay for. (Lawrence Block puts all his stuff on e-book now.)

• SUPPORTER

mhein68

Thank you for the help! I will try to read all suggestions!
Mike H.
mhein68@live.com