Slightly different mid control on Big Muff

Started by Steben, May 31, 2023, 01:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steben

Inspired by Aron's presence controls I tried putting a reverse connected stereo pot in both filter legs.
Simulation in tone stack calculator showed with these values below a sweep from notch to slight boost with the same center freq.
The one knob presence control shifted the frequency a bit.
Tone pot is still 100k.

• SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them

stonerbox

There is a lot of boost of the entire signal when mid-bumped. Should push both recovery stage and amp plenty.
There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen. - Holmes

Elektrojänis

I'm not sure what are Aron's presence controls so this might be something that's done already. (Familliar with Jacks ones though: http://www.muzique.com/lab/tone3.htm)

Anyway... How about reversing one of the pots in the stereo pair to get a moveable notch/center frequency?

POTL

I see problems for using an active equalizer on an op-amp. The last gain stage restores the volume loss after the EQ. it does not distort the signal, but gives a pure gain, which means there will be no difference between it and the op. You can use an active EQ for the mids and an active tilt control like a diamond compressor. you can use the active equalizer for 3 or more frequencies.

Steben

Quote from: stonerbox on May 31, 2023, 06:13:40 PM
There is a lot of boost of the entire signal when mid-bumped. Should push both recovery stage and amp plenty.

One can place the level pot in front of the recovery stage or lower its gain  :icon_mrgreen:
  • SUPPORTER
Rules apply only for those who are not allowed to break them