Woody supply question

Started by Marcos - Munky, October 21, 2003, 10:40:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcos - Munky

I'm finishing my Woody, but I have a question. It's my first effect with bipolar supply, and I don't know how to connect the batteries. I think I need to wire the + side of one battery to the - side of the other battery, then this point is ground, right? Then the + side that left goes to V+ and the - side to V-, is this?

Bill Bergman

Marcos - Munky

Mark Hammer

Turning on a bipolar supply is a small problem.  You can use a complicated expensive jack that has some switches in it and use it for the input jack.  You can also use a stereo jack for input AND output and switch one battery with each of the jack.  One is wired up so that red/+ goes to the board and black/- goes to the ring connection on the jack.  The other battery is wired up so that black/- goes to the board and red/+ goes to the ring connection on the other jack.  The other thing you can do is use normal mono jacks and switch the batteries on and off with a toggle or slide switch or even a switching pot.  RG Keen has a circuit at GEOFEX that will turn on two batteries using a single stereo jack.  Myself, I went with a switch because it was easier, didn't consume power and let me leave patch cables plugged in without using up current.

Marcos - Munky