Q about the EA Tremolo

Started by Paul Marossy, October 22, 2003, 10:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Marossy

How would it affect the circuit if I used a 1uF output cap instead of the 0.47uF cap?
Also, if I wanted to use tantalum for the 1uF caps, how do I determine which side should be positive?

I'm looking forward to hearing how this thing sounds.  8)

Jason M.

Quote from: Paul MarossyHow would it affect the circuit if I used a 1uF output cap instead of the 0.47uF cap?

Using a 1uF as the output cap won't affect the operation of the circuit, but will let more low frequencies through. Lower it if the sound has too much bass. If you use a tantalum for the output cap, the positive lead will point towards the transistor.

Quote from: Paul MarossyAlso, if I wanted to use tantalum for the 1uF caps, how do I determine which side should be positive?

I used tantalums for mine and used the tremolo/vibrato circuit from Laurier's Handy Dandy Little Circuits website (members.shaw.ca/roma/ under projects, guitar effects, tremolo/vibrato) as a guide.
Looking at RG's schem provided with his layout and article from geofex.com:

C5 (+) lead points to the left;
C6 (+) to the right;
C7 (+) pointing down.

Quote from: Paul MarossyI'm looking forward to hearing how this thing sounds.  8)

It sounds nice and smooth.
Have fun!

idlefaction

i like .47uF or .68uF caps instead of the 1uFs in the stock circuit.  :)

this is my favourite tremolo _ever_ aye!!!
Darren
NZ

Paul Marossy

I was thinking it would just let more bass through, but wasn't sure if it would adversely affect the output or not.

Thanks for the help and tips.  8)

aron

Quotethis is my favourite tremolo _ever_ aye!!!

I like it too. I just saw the board lying in my box. I took it out for another distortion, but I better put it back.  :)

Paul Marossy

Aron -

Did you build yours directly from Nabke's site?
That's what I am using...

Manolo Dudes

Nabke's site??? If I type "Nabke effects" in google all I get are pointers to someone's studies about hangovers... go figure!  :roll:
a.k.a. "Calambres" in www.pisotones.com

Paul Marossy

Go to GGG and look at the EA tremolo project. There's a link to it there.