P'N'P Vs. Transparenceis

Started by Hal, October 26, 2003, 03:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hal

I always thought to make PC, you print the layout (with laser) onto an overhead transpareny (high temp) and then iron it on...but now everyone is talking about this pnp stuff.  Which is the better technique ?

Hal

Dan N

Hi Hal,

P'N'P is for iron on PCB's. The transparancy method is for using presensitized PCB boards. Set the transparancy on the board and shine a light over it.

I use presensitised boards that react to flourescent light. No convenient access to a laser printer keeps me from trying the P'N'P stuff.

Dan

Hal

ah okay thanks a lot!  I could just picture myself trying to iron a transparency onto a board... :X haha

The Tone God

QuoteP'N'P is for iron on PCB's. The transparancy method is for using presensitized PCB boards. Set the transparancy on the board and shine a light over it.

I think there is a mix up here about different methods of etching using transpriencies. There is the photo sensitizing method and an iron on method. PNP is used for ironning on but so can laser transpirencies.

QuoteI could just picture myself trying to iron a transparency onto a board... :X haha

Why not ? I did or atleast the toner. Check out the article I wrote about it.

http://www.geocities.com/thetonegod/

As for the difference between the transpirency and PNP I belive that PNP gives better results but transpirencies are cheaper and easier.

Andrew

Paul Perry (Frostwave)

Andrew, you aren't just 'thetonegod', you're 'thetonergod' as well :)

Hal

::laughs:: ::shakes head::

Alright, I think I understand now.  Thanks, Andrew.  I'll go for PNP...apparently its cooler or something :)